The 3rd International Seminar on Public Health Research in Palliative Care, organised in partnership with the European Association for Palliative Care Reference Group on Public Health and Palliative Care and All Ireland Institute of Hospice and Palliative Care (AIIHPC) will take place on 16 – 17 November 2023 in the Assembly Buildings, Belfast.
The theme of the seminar ‘A Human Rights based approach to Palliative Care: Towards Solutions for Public Health Palliative Care’ is highly relevant as 2023 marks 75 years since the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights was proclaimed by the United Nationals General Assembly in Paris on 10 December 1948.
Call for Abstracts now open
Abstracts are invited which present research findings or methodological contributions under the Research Seminar themes below,
- Public Health Palliative Care
- Compassionate Communities
- Death and grief literacy
- Engaging and working with patients, informal caregivers and citizens to shape palliative and end of life care, caregiving and bereavement
- Collaborations between professional and non-professional caregivers
- Health promotion and palliative care
- Bereavement – End of Life care and bereavement care policies; public health interventions; bereavement literacy
- Population health models for palliative care
- Issues of equity and social inclusion in palliative and end of life care and bereavement
- Palliative care and underserved populations
- Community based approaches to palliative care
- The rights of patients and family carers
Please submit your abstract by 23:59 GMT Friday 14 July 2023. Visit The Palliative Hub for more information and updates.